Dear valued partners and customers
We have a very important announcement for all users of the Teamwire Cloud.
The message retention period will be limited to 365 days from January 1, 2021 for all organisations.
Any content (chat messages and attachments) that are older than 365 days, will be deleted from the Teamwire Cloud. The data will be deleted from the server only - your Teamwire app will not be affected.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU AND YOUR USERS?
- Content older than 365 days will be deleted on server level.
- If your Teamwire app (iOS, Android, desktop) includes content older than 365 days on January 1, 2021, it will not be removed.
- From January 1, 2021 onwards, new logins / registrations on your Teamwire app (iOS, Android, desktop) can only retrieve content from the last 365 days.
- If required, archive your organisation's content until December 31, 2020 via the Teamwire Cloud (Admin Portal) or secure important conversations manually via your Teamwire app (by forwarding chat histories via email on iOS/Android, or save content as PDF on Teamwire desktop).
- We recommend you to regularly archive content for the relevant period in the future.
We will gladly enable you for archiving via Teamwire Cloud (Admin Portal).
Please let us know for which administrator account (email address) you want archiving to be enabled, and send us the PGP public key
for the address concerned. In case you have any further question, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
If you're running your own Teamwire server on an on-premise or a private cloud environment, you will not be affected by the retention policy. You will not have to take any actions.
Technical Customer Support
P +49 89 1222 199 23
Teamwire GmbH. Tittmoninger Str. 11. DE - 81679 Munich. Germany
Registered Office: Munich. District Court Munich HRB 187102. VAT: DE272921386